Welcome to Partners Office for International Professionals & Students (PIPS)

The Partners Office for International Professionals and Students (PIPS) provides immigration services for Partners Institutions, including our founding hospitals, Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham & Women’s Hospital. Our office provides Partners hospitals access to talented professionals from all over the world.

Whether you are about to travel to the U.S. to work at a Partners institution or you are an administrator involved in supervising foreign nationals, PIPS' online resources will guide you through every step of the process.

Read more about PIPS

2017 Tax Information for Foreign Nationals

All non-immigrant visa holders (J, H, F, E, O and TN) who were physically present in the U.S. in 2016 must file tax forms even if they did not earn money from a U.S. source. Click here for general tax information and links to more information, including options for tax software.

Calendar of Events

calendar icon

View details for upcoming events in the Boston area:

  • PIPS sponsored events
  • Partners sponsored events
  • Cultural events
  • Family-friendly events



View upcoming events

Recent Executive Actions


As you may be aware, the new presidential administration is currently issuing a number of Executive Actions with implications for foreign nationals entering the United States.

We will continue to monitor this situation closely and provide updates as more information becomes available. All announcements will be available in this section.

Please contact PIPS if you have additional queries or concerns.

View all announcements
map icon

Boston Neighborhood Map

View a map of Boston and surrounding cities as part of deciding where to live.

View map

About Partners HealthCare

Founded by Massachusetts General and Brigham and Women's Hospitals, two Harvard teaching hospitals, we are committed to patient care, research, education, and service to the community.


Read more
speech bubble

American Culture

Learn about what to expect when you live in the U.S.

Read more